when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Story #38: Fall Forward


"I found that nothing in life is worthwhile unless you take risks…I never understood that concept, having something to fall back on. If I’m going to fall, I don’t want to fall back on anything, except my faith. I want to fall forward" spoken words by Denzel Washington at UPenn's 2011 Commencement




"Reggie Jackson struck out 2,600 times in his career, the most in the history of baseball; but, you don't hear about the strike outs, people only remember the home runs...fall forward"
"Thomas Edison conducted 1,000 failed experiments, but we don't know that because the 1,001st was the light bulb...fall forward"

You've got to take risks, why?
1) You will fail at some point in your life, accept it. You will lose, you will embarrass yourself, you will suck at something. There is no doubt about it. -- You have the training and the talent to succeed but do you have the guts to fail?
2) If you don't fail, you're not trying! -- "To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did!" "Imagine you are on your deathbed and standing around your deathbed are the ghosts representing your unfulfilled potential. The ghost of the ideas you never acted on. The ghosts of the talent you didn't use. And they're standing around your bed, angry, disappointed and upset. They say, we came to you because you could have brought us life, and now we have to go to the grave together."
3) "...here's my last point about failure...Sometimes it's the best way to figure out where you're going. Your life will never be a straight path..."

"To not only take risks, but to be open to life. To accept new views and to be open to new opinions...while it may be frightening, it will also be rewarding. Because the chances you take, the people you meet, the people you love, the faith that you have, that's what's going to define you."
----
Such an encouraging speech by such a respectable man.
Although I may be wearing myself out thin at times and maybe even exploring options...too much, I will know that I have fulfilled all my curiosity. I will know that I have acted on all my ideas and pushed the boundaries of the potential I have in all aspects of my life.

If you're curious about today's audition, it lasted all of 5 minutes haha, and it was good. They were friendly, we had a good time, and I worked through my nerves. I'm pretty sure they liked me, but I don't know if they liked me enough to give me the role. So, I guess we will just have to give it time and find out! Cross your fingers, pray,  and wish me luck! :)


More updates to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment