when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Story #40: First of many busy weeks

I wanted to get a post out right after "True Trumpet" but there has been absolutely no time to get it done until now. So sorry!

So without further adieu...

This past week has been really hectic. Everyday I have something to do, somewhere to go and someone to meet. And it's going to be this busy for the next couple of months!! :P

Last Tuesday on "True Trumpet", I literally sat for 3 hours, did filming for 45 min and then was wrapped. The filming was quick and painless, making the experience that much better. To top things off, it gave me an Aftra waiver! :)

Wednesday I didn't end up going to the conference but I did meet up with someone from Beryl Consulting Group after work. We did yoga and a little bit of kick boxing at Equinox and then learned a little about Beryl. And to finish the night we got a quick dinner.

Thursday was an early morning at "Royal Pains". Despite the crazy weather -- the random rain, wind and thunder -- and the long day, it was quite fun. We got to dress up, get our hair and make-up done, I had a good chat with Wilmer Valderrama about salsa and bachata, made new friends...what more could I ask for? Oh, and I obviously had to finish the night with something interesting...Royal Pains provided transportation from the Hamptons to 96th and 3rd Ave. Many of the extras were hoping that the bus would go a little further and drop us off at Grand Central or Penn Station, but that was not that case. Fortunately, I realized that the bus driver was Korean and while attempting to converse in broken Korean and befriending him, he agreed to drive me to Penn Station! Lucky me :)

Friday I baked for the AMAZING BBQ held on Saturday! This very credible chef and his family hosted a BBQ at their place in Rye, NY. The menu served was:

1. Pancetta Potato Skins w. Gorgonzola crumble
2. Cavatappi Salad w. Dill Mayo
3. Herb Baby Lambchops w. fresh mint glaze
4. Bacon wrapped Scallops
5. Orzo & corn salad w. basil truffle oil dressing
6. Coconut-lime curried shrimp
7. Pigs on a stick (andouille, cheddarwurst & sweet italian sausage)
8. Mom's chicken wings
9. 100% all beef sliders w. assorted toppings on garlic ciabatta roll
10. Hoisin black pepper ribeye skewers
11. Tarragon Lobster salad w. grilled baby endive


And my baked goods included my scrumpdiliumtious brownies, mini brownie cupcakes, a truffle-like dessert (with pecans, southern comfort and bourbon in it), and bourbon peach cobbler served with vanilla ice cream. We played beer pong, quarters, poker (4th place baby!), and chilled a whole lot. Good food + good company = great times.

More updates to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment