when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Story #76: 'Tis the Season of Giving

'Tis the Season of Giving -- A Hopeful Sign

Sasha Dichter: The Generosity Experiment from TED Blog on Vimeo.

Sasha Dichter's Blog on generosity
Acumen Fund
Husk Power Systems

The holiday of gratitude where we are able to emphasize thankfulness passes and enters into our last month of the year where our journey through a wintry wonderland begins. It's like a new realm, where another sector of feelings are to be emphasized. And we begin:

Generosity...kindness...happiness...and...warmth, a few of the most powerful and uplifting feelings we are reminded of when, ironically, the cold winter season comes around. A state of nostalgia reminds us of past events that overwhelm our insides with strong emotions and our spirit with hope and enlightenment. The secret ingredient needed to keep brewing warm tidings during the holiday season is the celestial magic. It's the boost of optimism that keeps us sane and strayers away from depression. Positive reinforcements of thinking about others, doing good deeds through generosity and kindness, and individual improvements through reflection has a wondrously calming effect that composes the ultimate holiday masterpiece: happiness and warmth. Not to be a complete saint during these times, being placed on the other side...on the reciprocating end of these ordeals, it may seem selfish or even greedy. OR, to follow the route of optimism and the celestial ride through the holiday magic, maybe it's that we are just humans that want to be loved. It's feeling that we are needed, appreciated and wanted. And it's through these actions and words that all the yearned feelings above may be confirmed.

Anyways, the act of giving has always been an important aspect of my life and fosters the same emotional stimulation as helping someone would. I love seeing others smile. I love seeing them happy. I love seeing them want to be the best person they can be. Being a witness to them in their best physical, emotional and psychological state is...amazing. This act of helping and giving goes beyond the satisfaction of making a difference in someone else's life. It's solely about the other person. About being their shoes, and as them, being in the state of relative perfection.

SO, what's new in my life? The New Year's Eve movie was released in theaters this past Friday, and if you remember, NYE was one of the first productions that I worked on when I started down the modeling and acting path. And to my excitement, I did get some face time! Maybe I should and maybe I shouldn't be so excited since it's only background work, but what can I say...I'm pretty happy :)

After a nap and several movies, I arrive in Korea to find myself, in a not so surprising area...a restaurant, where I scarf down food as if I haven't eaten in a month. Being in a different country with such delicious food, who would be able to resist the temptations of food? Let's just hope this pattern does not keep up for every meal, three times a day for three weeks. Pictures and more details will be in the next post!

More updates to come....FROM KOREA!!!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment