when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Story #77: New Beginnings

New year • New resolutions • New outlooks • New motivations

I got back Saturday night, had our annual belated family Christmas dinner Sunday and now it's time to get back on track.

As you might have guessed, as stressful as it may have been, I absolutely loved my time in Korea and I am still looking for a reason for me to live there for a few years ;p.

I can't even express how blessed I was on this trip. I did not see a miracle, I did not meet my true love, or catch a break there. But, I was challenged in many different ways. I questioned myself, I sought advice under new rocks and renewed my faith. I believe that everything has a reason and purpose, whether it be good or bad. And despite each experience, there is always an optimistic side where you can look back on the situation and see with 20/20 hindsight. 20/20 hindsight does not just show you the outcome of an event, but it allows you to analyze, wish, think about the what ifs, stir up feelings of joy or guilt and ultimately, it gives you relate-able history to learn from. My past is my present and what I make of it is my future. And I can honestly say my past was enriched with well-rounded experiences, including my recent trip to Korea. Reconnecting with old friends and making new ones with truly inspirational people has lit up an old bulb. This isn't a new finding, it's common sense knowledge that I never truly grasped. I believed it, I said it, I motivated others with it but it wasn't until a few days ago where I really felt it. As I constantly re-analyze my past, I am continually confronted with fears that I understand and acknowledge; but, the problem with that is...I never take the chance to embrace it. Knowing what the outcome is before even taking the first step to reach the finish line never allows a person to experience the process of healing. I may not be able to say I conquered all my fears within the past month I spent in Korea but what I can say is that I left Korea with a courageous outlook on my short term goals and new motivations that will allow me to hold myself more accountable.

With that said, (with perfect timing) I have walked into the new year with new resolutions, new outlooks and new motivations. A little off track, but I was actually questioning myself whether or not it was good to be this transparent with each step of my life, I don't have a definite answer but I guess I'll worry about it when I get there. On that note, I do have new plans. I am looking to live in New York for a month (for now) to take classes in dance, vocal development and acting. Anyone want to help me find a place to live for a month?? :)

I know you are all interested in pictures and details of Korea, so hopefully within the next few posts I'll find a way to transition into them. Meanwhile, stay warm and safe during the winter weather. (I feel like it is finally coming) ☃ ◆ ❄

More updates are sure to come!
Mucho <3

Food for Thought
Less = More

No comments:

Post a Comment