when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Story #24: Aja aja fighting! 아자 아자 화이팅!

"Aja aja fighting" is a term used in Korea and worldwide meaning simply "Never give up, never stop fighting". It is generally pronounced aja aja hwaiting, however it is commonly written in the English equivalent. In a more casual meaning, it is the phrase that empowers people to keep on going forward, almost "looking on the bright side of life", looking for the "clouds silver lining" so on and so forth

Similarly, Chinese: 加油; pinyin: jiāyóu -- a Chinese figure of speech or idiom. "jiā" means to add, and "yóu" means oil or fuel. So it literally means "add oil" or "add fuel." It has the meaning of "be stronger!" or "be more strong-minded!"
~ Thanks to Wikipedia and other websites

Some highlights to my busy week:
* I scheduled a meeting with another agent located in NJ for next Tuesday, so we'll see how that goes.
* I got to NY Saturday night and came back home today. Overall, the past weekend was fun and served as a great learning experience. I had the opportunity to be on camera for the first time. Although I wasn't playing a major role, it was interesting to see how everything on set between the directors, staff, sound guy, main actors/actresses and extras were strategically placed and planned out. I played a Middle School/High School student extra in the independent film, "Dream Brothers". First paid job! :)

Moving forward:
Things are getting crazy...but in a good way! Tomorrow I have to head back to NYC, and this time I'll be staying there for four nights. Man if you thought last week things were hectic with all the people I had to call, the places I had to go, and the events I had to attend to, well this week is going to be even more hectic. Tuesday I have an audition, Wednesday-Friday I have a shoot, and I also have an audition on Friday. So much stuff on my mind! Aja aja!

Alright, well that's all for now. I'm completely out of energy and need some rest and down time. More updates to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment