when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Story #25: Successful week

"Success is steady progress towards one's personal goals" ~Jim Rohn
~ Thanks to thnksexist.com

Busy and tiring weeks are sometimes what a person needs to really see how much progress can be made in one's life. Half the journey is taking the first step and the other half is opening your mind and really allowing yourself to open up to the new experiences. The growth will become stagnant if  you take the cautious, man-made path. But the possibilities become endless once you take a step to the right of it and begin your own journey.

I am so grateful to the blessing God has given me this week. Hard work definitely pays off and being able to see the great progress I have made within such a short amount of time is very encouraging. I would have to say that this was a pretty successful week.

So as some of you know, the past Tuesday I had an audition for an NYU student short film. I still haven't heard back, but I think I'm starting to get more comfortable in front of NYU students. I can't necessarily say the same thing for independent films that are not directed or produced by students. On Thursday, I had an audition for "The Last Intervention". I had the lines down pretty well before entering the audition room, but I definitely need to start practicing with a partner, because once you hear a different voice working with you as the second character instead of reading it silently to yourself, it really throws things off. At least the head person laughed during the audition, so hopefully that means he liked it. :P

Wednesday through Friday I was working as an extra on a "New Year's Eve" movie with (I don't know all their names but...) Abigail Breslin, Sarah Jessica Parker and Jake Austin. I was definitely in some main scenes and was visible on camera, but you never know if they're going to be cutting that part out. The first day we shot a scene where the crowd was watching the ball drop. Apparently there were highlights of some pretzel extravaganza and a boy being passed on top of the crowd, ultimately to meet up with his mother. The next day we did a scene at a restaurant where there were extras outside pretending that we were the NYE crowd (that's where I was) and obviously there were extras as waiters/waitresses and customers inside the restaurant. And the third day we were back at the ball dropping scene. But this time Jake Austin had a kissing scene and Sarah Jessica Parker and Abagail Breslin had a hugging scene. Thanks to my luck, I was right next to the two girls hugging (will I actually be seen, I have no idea). Also on the third day, there was a a scene where there was a side view of the crowd against the fence; cops and TSA workers roamed, the crowd was cheering and Sarah Jessica Parker was searching for Abagail. And some connections helped me get to a nice place where I would be seen on camera. With fingers crossed, hopefully this will give me some face time on camera! Now, feel special, I really only have told family and you guys. To be honest, it's not like I was starring in it so it's not that amazing; but, I have to start somewhere! :)

Here are some people I met from the NYE shoot:



Finally, tomorrow, Sunday, I have a background shoot for a Coca-Cola commercial. I'll let you know what we do and how it goes!

Although this week has been great in terms of how many auditions and casting roles I took part in, I feel the success remains in the great people and connections I've made. I really feel like I'm starting to get somewhere and that my foot is halfway in the door. 

More updates are sure to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment