when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, April 29, 2011

Story #34: Conflicted

con·flict·ed
adj. experiencing or marked by ambivalence or a especially of emotions 
~ Thanks to Merriam-webster Dictionary

I heard back from the Charles Schwab audition and I have great news!! I got the part in their print where I will most likely be the daughter of an Asian family. It will take place next Friday, most likely in the SoHo area of New York City. The rest of the details about wardrobe and the exact time and place will be given to me early next week. So, here is where I am conflicted. I just got another call from a different casting company where they want me to be featured in the film, MIB3. Unfortunately, they will need me for Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday. The only flexible day is Thursday, and the other three days are mandatory. The opportunity to be featured in such a major film would be an amazing experience that I wish I didn't have to turn down. I am trying my best to convince them to use me anyways, but it doesn't seem very promising. Before this email I was more conflicted about what I should do, but it's pretty clear now that there are no other options unless the casting company for MIB3 will be lenient about my situation.

Anyways, it's great that I finally got a role after auditioning for it and that I'm being recognized as a good candidate for a featured role in a film. Now, I'd like to proudly introduce someone dear to me. She is honestly one of the most talented, dedicated and passionate people who absolutely loves what she does. I believe that she will go far in everything she tries to pursue. It will be well worth your while to check her blog, flickr, and esty pages, which can all be found on her NEW website: Alice Gao Photography.

More updates are sure to come!
Mucho <3

2 comments:

  1. WOW MIB3, Jackie, congrats!! :D I hope they will be lenient on you so you can capitalize on all the opportunities you earned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! To update...I don't think they'll be using me for MIB3. Once they know you have concerns they just move on to the next person (they have a ton of other people to use). But it's all good :)

    ReplyDelete