when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

What a wonderful weekend

The familiar weekend location of New York City held a new surprise for me. Instead of the usual auditions, I went to the city with the intentions of reuniting with old friends and by old I mean my college friends. I realize that friends may come and go, but those who stay in your life are ones that change your life forever. Not for just the major impact that they may make but for their continuous support and presence. No matter the length of time that passes without speaking, it seems as though, as soon as we meet, it's like we've never left each others side. If you can do that with people, you know that you guys are close.

This is dedicated to the girls that made this NYC weekend extra special for me:


Silver and Gold

Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.
New-made friendships, like new wine,
Age will mellow and refine.
Friendships that have stood the test-
Time and change-are surely best;
Brow may wrinkle, hair grow gray;
Friendship never knows decay.
For 'mid old friends, tried and true,
Once more we our youth renew.
But old friends, alas! may die;
New friends must their place supply.
Cherish friendship in your breast-
New is good, but old is best;
Make new friends, but keep the old;
Those are silver, these are gold.


I don't generally put people's names or pictures of them up on my blog, but I have to post these: (Photos taken by Alice Gao - http://lingeredupon.blogspot.com/)

More updates to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment