when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Story #8: Dance Like Nobody's Watching

“Sing like no one’s listening, love like you’ve never been hurt, dance like nobody’s watching, and live like its heaven on earth.”
Author: Mark Twain
~ Thanks to DictionaryQuotes

These past couple of weeks have been amazing. Sometimes, other people just have the gift of expressing your thoughts in more elegant words; so, by the words of le Gallienne, Richard, "we should have our trials, our ups and downs, I know; but surely it is by those that true love learns how to grow" (TheFreeDictionary). Within the joy of giving, the expression of gratitude, and the act of kindness, there is so much to love about life. Just think back to Christmas day, the air feels light, there's so much happiness and laughter, and the warmth of good childhood memories and friends and/or family by your side makes you wish that every day could be like Christmas morning. Here the presents are just an added bonus; the cherry on top of the most scrumdiddlyumptious sundae.

In some ways, that is how these past few weeks have been for me. Within the act of giving and all that jazz, there was so much happiness and positive energy that made all negative and annoying nuances in the day seem so minute.

What I have found, is that being able to find an outlet really helps prolong the good and to make the bad go away. As I mentioned it last post, I am starting to dance again. And this my friends...is my outlet. It's a challenge disguised in happiness and laughter. Being able to spend time with my parents, being able to  meet new people, and most importantly, being able to move my body in a way that makes me feel confident and sexy is exhilarating. I love it! By all means, I'm not that good, but that's why I'm going to dance like nobody's watching.

My plan is to take classes Wednesdays for body movement and ladies styling, and Thursdays for just salsa dancing AND to go out later at night on [some] Thursdays to social events for salsa. :)

1 comment: