when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, December 24, 2010

A Moment to Remember

IT'S OFFICIALLY CHRISTMAS!!!
Mood: ECSTATIC!!

Due to my families travel plans, our Christmas Eve became our Christmas Day. So, to top off my hectic day of running around and trying to finish my powerpoint i made for my family, we got to open ALL our presents. There were so many pretty presents to give, and so many wonderful presents to receive. And as I do every year, I played the role of Ms. Santa Claus where I gave out all the presents. I think My family hit an all time high for present giving this year. BUT, as we all know, Christmas is NOT all about receiving presents, nor is just about giving presents. If you're religious, you have the religious side to double up on the meaning of Christmas, but for those who are not, the basic purpose of Christmas is about family and friends coming together. To be in each others company and of course, to take a day off from work and/or school...haha. But seriously, for some reason, more this year than ever, I really enjoyed Christmas in a more deeper sense. I don't know how to explain it, but everything just meant more to me. Which is probably why I made a Christmas powerpoint for my family. :P

Anyways...

Do you ever have those moments where time freezes and you are hit with a feeling of nostalgia? It's not quite a happy-ecstatic type of feeling, but its not a sad feeling, by all means. And it's not the plain feeling of being content either. It's more of a calm heart warming feeling where you can't help but have a little grin on your face. Every so often that overwhelming feeling fills me up from head to toe. Maybe you can relate?


Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!!

I should have internet tomorrow night at the hotel, but I have no idea if there is internet on the cruise ship. What ever happens...stay tuned, there's more to come.

Mucho <3

 Baby, It's Cold Outside -- Glee Cast Version

No comments:

Post a Comment