when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Story #35: Success!!

Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings. - Arthur Rubinstein
Real success is finding your lifework in the work that you love. - David McCullough
~ Thanks to The Quotations Page

Just another hard working, hectic week under my belt. Thankfully I had a day of down time between my two projects. Tuesday and Wednesday was the YSL commercial. Shoot time was at 4am and 5 am. my sleep scheduled was as follows: wake up at 9:30am on Monday (in Philly), get back to NJ at 2:30am when I eventually find out that I have a 4am call in NY. Basically pulled an all nighter because I had to pack my bags for the entire week and then catch the earliest train I could take to NY. I stayed up from whenever I got there until 1am. I woke up at 6am (I know I was late to the shoot) and literally passed out at 12:30am on Thursday. To summarize, out of 63 hours, I got 6 hours of sleep.

Anyways, I was an extra with no specific role, just a person who blended into the background. As unpleasant as the weather was and as chaotic and disorganized the set seemed to be, I had a great time. The crew was good, for the most part; the director, Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, was amazing and the main character, Benjamin Millepied (what a cutie), was super nice. Benjamin is attractive, has gorgeous eyes, and a sexy accent. To make things even better, he is a superb dancer and a good conversationalist. During the million takes of the final scene, we were able to make jokes about different things on set and talk about dancing. Maybe one day he'll want to salsa with me! :P

After my much needed rest on Thursday, I had the Charles Schwab shoot at 8:45am on Friday. It was the best experience I have ever had. I had a pretty important role - the daughter of an Asian family. Not that they will be using a lot of the photos they took, but I was definitely in a lot of shots. Besides building successful relationships with my "mom", "dad" and the crew, I really hit it off with the photographer by creatively playing my character. I was able to make his life easier by giving him a lot of substance to work with. On top of being psyched about how much I will be paid from this shoot, I am definitely excited about all the new experiences I can now add to my resume. The photographer is even going to write me a recommendation! What a great week!

Well, I think that's all the updates I have for now. I hope you all had great weeks as well and had the chance to enjoy the wonderful weather we had on Friday!

More updates to come
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment