when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Story #36: Working Woman

As you know, I started working in NY this past Tuesday. I am working with Julie Oh's fashion development and production firm, One Stop, that has quickly gained prominence in the industry. The skill, time, and organization that goes into running such a company is astounding. A lot more goes into it than an average person would think.

I still don't have an actual title, but I will be stepping in place for Julie Oh's daughter-in-law when she goes on her honeymoon with her son, the VP.. I will eventually oversee the development and production sides of HH (haute hippie), Betsey Johnson, and part of Theory -- a total of 5 accounts. My work hours are a little crazy and long, but it's partly due to the fact that I like it. I take the 7:27am train into NYC and get out at varying times. The first day, Tuesday, I left at around 6:40pm. Yesterday was 8:30pm and today I left around 11pm. No worries though, a lot of the late night work is really fun. Work has been slow, so I have been spending most of my time, including the late nights on helping the bride (and Julie Oh) design and put together her wedding gown, reception gown, bridesmaids dresses, flower girls dress and the menu card.

Anyways, considering my lack of sleep and long hours in NY, I'm going to crash.

More updates to come -- I'll let you know about the projects I work on and how the wedding goes!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment