when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Story #36: Hold up, wait a minute...!

Kush by Dr. Dre feat. Akon, Snoop Dogg
~ Thanks to metrolyrics

Have you ever gotten to a point in your life where every choice you make will cause you to sacrifice something else in your life? The delay in posts recently was due to a small but very important dilemma I came across. Here's the short version of the long story...

With all things considered, acting and modeling for me has been going well. Within two months, I have been given a relatively good amount of face time on camera, I have earned myself 2 out of 3 Sag waivers needed to join Sag and I have made some connections and friends. From my last post, you can see that I have been making big strides now. Well, here's where the dilemma comes in.

I want to explore the more "socially acceptable" definition of an office job. Unfortunately, the 12-15 hour work days for acting/modeling conflict with the work hours of a regular office job - although it's possible, it's very difficult to do both at the same time. So why am I bringing this up and why am I trying to make a decision about this now? Recently, I have been given a great opportunity where if I made a choice to do one thing, I would have to sacrifice another. A close family friend, a fashion designer, offered me a position to work at her place for a month. And after weighing the pros and cons, I have decided to put acting on hold and work with her. Even if I really do feel like I am making great progress in the acting/modeling industry, I think this will be a good opportunity to explore the fashion industry with the benefit of not being tied down under contract for an entire year.

I know this path I have chosen to take will be turn out to be the right one in the long run as long as I will always try my best. Let's hope that this experience will open new doors and help me answer a few questions about my future!

More updates to come.
Mucho <3

2 comments:

  1. ooh that sounds awesome! best of luck to you.

    also if your friend ever needs a photographer for her designs... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! will do, you'll always be first on my mind :p

    ReplyDelete