when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shake 'n bake

Warning: there are a lot of pictures in this post...

So my cooking adventure actually started on Wednesday night...

I prepared all the dry ingredients.



Thursday, I went shopping...again (I basically go grocery/bakery shopping at least 4 days a week), and dry rubbed my baby back ribs. Laid the ribs out on aluminum foil, finished mixing the rest of my dry ingredients in, and got down and dirty with my babies, mm mmm, smelled soo so good. All cooking aside, I swear, I have changing neon signs on my forehead; one for every occasion of my life. Too bad I don't have one that says please hum/sing an accompanying Broadway musical or movie theme song to this dramatic moment in my life. How cool would that be? Yea...anyways, if you remember, I had the one sign that said "please hollar at me. I like creepy fellas and old men speaking their dirty thoughts out loud, taking pictures, and whistling", one saying "please speak Asian to me -- helps remind me of my Japanese background" -- **wait what?**, one that says "I'm a native New Yorker so please ask me for directions" -- if you actually knew me, I'm terrible with directions and use the GPS for every place I drive or walk to. And now, "I'm a lost little Asian girl in the market". To be honest, these last two really aren't that bad. I like trying to be a good Samaritan, so I throw my quick solving problem cap on and try to help out...now if I could just do that for myself. And the last one, well obviously, I don't have to stand wide-eyed trying to figure out where everything is and how to find out what is fresh or ripe and what is not. Seriously, how often do you go to the store to get capers, ham steak -- no...it's not in the deli section and no, they do not know what it is, or frozen artichoke hearts. Anyways, I've spent a lot of money,  a lot of time, had a lot of adventures and learned a lot about grocery shopping. You would think that it was easy, but do you know how to pick good meat/veggies/fruit? Do you know the specific guidelines and "rules"? I always thought it was innate or something, Well, lo and behold, that "I'm a noob at shopping" sign instantly went up upon entering the grocery store -- I even had the chef at shop rite trying to figure me out.
**If you didn't know, I'm half Chinese and half Korean**

Alright, so Friday I baked like a mad man!

Chocolate Chip cookie from scratch...seriously these best recipe ever :)

These were AMAZING!!!






For Saturday's BBQ I made Campanelle Tuna Salad, Sweet Chicken Bacon Wrap, and RIBS! We also had special curry shrimp, hot dogs, hamburgers, and chicken

Took for ever to season and reduce the liquid

Soda did the trick -- got rid of that salty zing after tast
I didn't get to try them, but they were gone in an instant. All three racks. We also celebrated 3 birthdays:

♫ ♪ ♫ Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you... ♪ ♫ ♪ 



Gotcha!
 And finally today, Sunday.

nom nom nom
More updates to come...but for now, I have got to get some shut eye.
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment