when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Story #59: Vacation Day

n. va·ca·tion  (v-kshn, v-) 
1. A period of time devoted to pleasure, rest, or relaxation, especially one with pay granted to an employee.
I realized, whether or not I work for the day on set, no day can be a vacation day. As you know, the way I get work is through phone calls from casting directors and if you miss the call, you can miss your chance of work. So, I'm always at my phones beckoning calls, keeping me on my toes without a second to live in the moment. I always have this lingering anxiety that keeps me from fully enjoying my day of relaxation. No worries, jobs will pick up and soon (hopefully) they will be calling me everyday to work! That's when I won't have these half vacation days of laziness. Until then, I've got dance, baking, the gym work-out classes (yes, I'm going to join a gym so I can stop be a lazy bum) and of course, church ✝. To be honest, ever since I started going back to church, things have been good. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened, in fact, I've been receiving less work than usual and my eating habits/exercise routine has been shot; but, something in life...in me, just feels better. Being welcomed and encouraged by the people at Grace Community Chapel has been such a blessing. I hope I will be able to help them as much as they have helped me and be able to uplift each person I interact with each day.

Moving on, I'm going to be baking a lot for the rest of the year; I'm so excited! I have everything planned out. I'm going to work with fondant, ganache, cakes, cookies, truffles, brownies, all that good stuff. My baking will start tonight. I'm baking two cakes, chocolate and yellow, tonight and decorating one with ganache and the other with fondant tomorrow. Next week I will be baking a cheesecake for my brother's birthday, Carrot Cake, another fondant cake, oreo truffles, and one more thing for a BBQ. AND I will be making a 7 layer guac dip, possibly Barley, Risotto with Ham and Mushrooms, and probably something to eat for the BBQ. Yay for cooking and baking! :)

I will be posting more pictures in the "Friends On Set" album tonight or tomorrow! More updates to come!
Mucho <3

2 comments:

  1. yea you better finally make them chocolate chip cookies from scratch with the recipe i gave you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIMMEGIMMEGIMMEGIMME!!!!

    pleeeeeeeeeeease??? :D

    ReplyDelete