when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Story #46: So much to do, so little time

Have you ever felt like our days were not meant to be restricted to a 24-hour clock. I hate the idea of missing out on being able to do something simply because there is not enough time or because you can't be in two places at once. But, I guess that's life. In life we are not only given choices, but we want the freedom to choose as well; ironically, it's having choices that generally gives us conflicting feelings of whether or not we are making the right choice. In this day and age, it seems to be difficult for people to be happy and appreciative of what we have. Now, happiness is more significant when you see it in a relative sense; whether it's being happy in comparison to a previous life experience or to hypothetical situations and ideas of "things could always be worse". However, in terms of being all we can be and striving for only the best, isn't it our dissatisfaction that creates the driving force that makes us desire? Well, either way, although I am proud of how far I have come and how much I have learned in these past few months, I still have a lot to learn. So, why the sadness? Let's just say that I wish a few uncontrollable things in life were controllable. I was called earlier in the day to work on Blue Bloods which I happily accepted (at the time), but later, I received two better opportunities. First, I was called by Girlhattan to have a feature role and then by Royal Pains...and I LOVE working on Royal Pains! Too bad I can't work on all three shows at once... :( And this is what led me to the conflicting feeling of disappointment - not being able to be featured or to work on a show I know I'll enjoy - and knowing that I should just be appreciative to have work. I guess striving to have something better holds me back from being 100% happy with what's right in front of me. Not to worry though, I am happy that I get to work and on the bright side, this will be a much-needed new experience. I will finally see if I like working on Blue Bloods or not. :)

On a happier note, this past weekend, both my aunt and my cousin (from my mom's side) came to visit NY. On Saturday we saw Wicked...AMAZING!!! I absolutely loved it. Then we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We originally went solely for the reason that the Met Museum was having a special exhibit on my cousin's favorite designer, Alexander McQueen. Low and behold...I fell in love with him too. His ability to mesh two opposing (difficult) concepts together is incredible. And to be able to do it well where you can look at his pieces and actually feel what he wanted us to feel, I'm speechless. Even more impressive to me was the uniqueness of his presentation, his fashion shows were nothing like what you would imagine. Although everything was a little dark, it was romantically captivating.

Wicked

Metropolitan Museum of Art


Finally, I heard back from one of the auditions from last Friday...and I got it! :) I have yet to find out what I will be doing or what it's even about, but I'm excited!

Sorry for the long post. I hope it was at least interesting and entertaining. More updates to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment