when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Story #47: Strange People

"Life isn’t weird! It’s the people in it…"
~ Thanks to CoolNsmart.com

This statement is so true. I thought I met all the different personalities throughout all my years of schooling and office work I've done...that's definitely not the case. Life is full of surprises, one of which are the people you meet. And on these sets, there have been a few crazy apples in there. Loving what you do will change your entire experience and loving the crew and cast and just being on set, it puts you in a good mood...which helps you get through all the little rough patches you will have along the way. If I didn't love it, oh, all hell would have broken loose with one of the guys I was working with. Wednesday we were bar patrons in Blue Bloods, and a man was supposed to hit on me. I think you get the point, he was quite the character. Just breathe, smile and nod. I just took in all his thoughts and critiques and filtered it out. I'm not saying everything he said was wrong, I even agree with where he was coming from, but other than that...seriously, just let me be me. If I look a little psychotic on camera, I would rather see that in person and learn from my mistakes. Anyways, that small bit put aside, yesterday was great! Although being featured on a different television show would have been the smarter choice career wise, I can't complain. It was definitely a good time. Without these character of people, life would be boring. :)

We had three different changes to portray three different days at the bar, and for the second and third change, the hair dresser put my hair up:



It's hard to see from this picture, but there is a curl hanging down :)
What a fabulous man. I hope I see him again on the next set.

Yesterday, I had two auditions, one at 4:20pm for a commercial and one at 7:30pm for a film. Yea, that last audition was definitely not a good one. For a monologue that I have already performed in front of judges...I totally botched it today. And when I had to read the sides, it was like I became dyslexic (not even kidding). To top things off, I had to say the "B" word a few times since it was in my characters part. :(  You never know though, maybe he likes confused, nervous, dyslexic Asian girls.

Today I was supposed to be working on the commercial print that I auditioned for last week, and right after that...I'm was going to leave for Maryland (my family is going to take a short vacation down there); but, it took them until 1pm to get back to me. And guess what...they decided to cancel it completely. Mood = sooo annoyed

Other random news:
- I finished the Korean drama series, Can You Hear My Heart (내 마음이 들리니) a few days ago. It was (as you guessed it) amazing!

- I definitely cried while watching this video.



More updates are sure to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment