when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Mood = Excited!!

A few days ago (1/28), I decorated my dad's birthday cake! I will admit that it was not my best work, but I did get to try new techniques. Some worked well and others, eh, not so much. I have decided that after I take this cooking class, I want to take a baking class. They're both challenging in their own ways. For me, I feel as though cooking is serious business. I almost feel like I'm in a competition for some reason. Where as baking is more fun. It's stressful and relaxing at the same time...haha, I don't know how to explain it. And, if I were to pick one word that I think of when someone says baking, I would pick warm. It just has this warm and cozy feeling, like the feeling of a home on a cold winter day with the fireplace going, while sipping hot chocolate with extra mini marshmallows.

Anyways, that's not the only thing I'm excited for. I went to NYC this weekend! And you guessed it, I had a little photoshoot. Hopefully, between this weekend and next weekend, I will have some good ones to use for both the Proscout event (which is coming up so soon...**nervous**) and my portfolio to show agents. Yay!


Also, while I was in NY, I visited my really good friend.  We shopped at SoHo, ate dinner at St. Marks, slept on her AMAZING bed - it's literally like sleeping on fluffy white clouds, and then had a late brunch on Sunday at Ze Cafe. Ze Cafe was soso cute!!

Such a cute place. I love these trees!
Fresh squeezed juice

More updates to come! :)
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment