when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Story #11: Learning

"You learn something every day if you pay attention." - Ray LeBlond
~ Thanks to quotegarden.com

"I must learn to love the fool in me the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and break promises, laughs and cries." - Theodore Isaac Rubin
~ Thanks to thinkexist.com

Learning, practicing and relearning is an on going process that never seems to slow down. The more I think about the word learn, the more complicated it seems. I remember way back when...being in a room where the silence was eerie and the chairs were uncomfortable, taking those excessively long and unnecessary SAT's...and one of the hardest parts about it, was rewriting the "I will not cheat" paragraph in cursive. I know what you're thinking, and no, I'm not slow; but, I simply never write in cursive. It's hard to do something that you've never really done before.

So, the reason for this [as it would seem], pointless story, is to remind everyone that every day, we are learning something new, practicing and perfecting what we are learning, AND relearning the old. But what makes this process so difficult is that simply brushing up on already acquired skills will keep you running on a stationary treadmill; instead, improvement comes with going above and beyond.

And now that I repeated myself a few times trying to explain complex ideas that actually only need a few words to explain. I'm excited to announce that...I am a student again, but this time I get to take COOL classes. I'm taking a culinary and photography class. SOOO excited! :)

More updates to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment