when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Story #53: Travels

It is solved by walking. - St. Augustine 
~ Thanks to itravelnet.com

Hello all!!

The lack of updates is due to the lack of exciting news. I didn't want to bore you with the same old stories.

I know it's not good to sleep late, but sometimes you just can't. You find yourself laying there, swamped by worries, stresses and feelings and thoughts that act as caffeine, keeping you up. Well, I've got the cure (it works for me at least). I find that the best way to clear your mind of negative thoughts, be yourself and to even find comfort in your tears to a point where you don't feel alone anymore is a 3am walk. When your in the city, it's a feeling of being on top of the world. Where time is moving, but everything else has stopped and you're finally able to remove your mask and come out of your shell. It is when all the lies and scrutiny fall into deep sleep and the truth and clarity awakens. You can feel the city shutting it's eyes, the hectic pace decelerating and the breathe slowing to a point where you can finally immerse yourself into the scenery around you and the life that you play a part in. 3am walks...cheapest and most effective stress reliever.

Although I do not have any new news about work, I do have exciting new that I want to share...I am planning to go to Korea next April!! I really hope all my plans are able to go through. The last time I went I loved it there -- I loved the food, the culture, the people...everything. When the time of departure nears, I will send more updates (I know it's far away, but I'm so excited!). You know what the best thing would be? If I could find work there! I will have to do some job searching and find connections in Korea. This also means that I am going actually try to learn Korean. :)

Another thing is that I admit to swaying far off from being healthy. I started eating a lot of junk food, going to bed past 4am...yea...so today I start anew. Wish me luck!

More updates are SURE to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment