when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Story #65: life happens...

I know I promised a week straight of posts, but life happens...

As mentioned before, I had something special and fun planned for Friday (weather permitting); unfortunately, the weather was far from ideal. But we made the most of it...you know what they say, when life throws you lemons...throw it back! Haha, no...make lemonade :)  It was a little nippy, the overcast of clouds created a gray tinted sky, and the teasing of the little bits of sun rays peaking through every so often...just meh. It was a ton of fun, but definitely couldn't do everything we planned on doing. Since we couldn't get everything, we were trying to improvise a little....but that could only go so far. Eventually there was so little light that, we continued our night of bonding elsewhere. We had a scrumptious dinner at a nearby Mexican restaurant and then ended our "night out" at a B-Boy competition held at Princeton University. The crews were amazing, the crowd was full of energy and the music was pumping. There were definitely a few times where I thought a little more confrontation would strike out on the dance floor, but there was enough mutual respect and understanding where the tension subsided by itself. The night ended with a 3 year old boy jumping on stage, bobbing his head, swaying to the music and spinning around on the floor. After the show, we ended up at my place for some quick, late night picture filtering. It wasn't until they left that...

...I got a message, "Crazy and I know really last min. But would you like to go to a wedding tomorrow?" And so, there I was on a brisk Saturday morning getting ready for a wedding off of 3 - 4 hours of sleep. It was quite a trip getting to it but well worth it. The wedding reception was everything a bride could ask for -- looking from a guests perspective. The guests were pleasant, the food was good, the centerpieces were simple yet elegant and the cake was not only beautiful, but tasted amazing. On the entertainment side, there was an open bar, an awesome flipbook station (I made 3 :p ) and a lot of dancing and an amazing MC/DJ that found a natural way to keep everyone's energy up without making it feel like a boxing match of some sort (you know what I mean or am I on my own on this?). In terms of dancing, let's just say that the kids dominated the floor. To round up this paragraph, I have to conclude on how cute the bride and groom were. Although I really didn't know them at all, it was pretty clear that there was a special bond between them. Individually they were beautiful and handsome with charming personalities. Their bond with their parents were well displayed during the father-daughter dance and mother-son dance. They were wonderful hosts that kept the party alive...literally, the groom was very active role in including the guests and making sure everyone was having a great time. And finally, their unconditional love for each other was visible even through the smallest interactions between themselves. I want to say cheers to them for putting together a wonderful wedding reception and to congratulate them for tying the knot. I wish them the best and a life full of happiness together.

So, I am finally settled back home after picking up my parents from the airport. Tomorrow I have an audition for the adult swim network where I will be auditioning for Jinghua:

[JINGHUA] Female, Asian, in her 20s; very attractive Chinese girl who works in the laundromat that Jon goes to. She pretends that she can't speak English well, to mess with Jon. She agrees to go out on a date with him because she thinks it’s fun to mess with him. The role appears in 2-3 episodes.

Wish me luck!...worst case scenario, this will be a great experience. :)

More updates to come!
Mucho <3

No comments:

Post a Comment