when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Monday, October 18, 2010

City of Independence

Confessions of a...college grad girl. I just started doing the Brazil Buttlift workout and I have already failed. But I do have a reason....or excuse; I originally planned to go to Philly for just Monday night. So, I packed almost nothing; then one thing happened after another and I ended up staying there for the entire week. The only exercise I got all week was getting myself on and off the bed and couch, and running on the treadmill for 20 min (which, for me, is pretty impressive). One reason for my long stay in the great city of Philly, was for UPenn's annual Big Asian on campus event. Without a doubt, my favorite girl won. She is the cutest little thing and has such an angelic voice...so yay for her!! At this event there was a talent portion, Q&A portion and maybe a fashion portion (I came late). For the talent part, I saw men showing off their chiseled abs while dancing, girls dancing to the single ladies song and teaching the audience the dougie (even Chris Brown does the dougie: click here), a guy dressing up as women, a guy serenading his girl and other entertaining acts. So, all in all, it was quite the show. Pictures and updates of Big Asian as well as the rest APAHW, Asian Pacific American Heritage Week can be seen at the PAACH tumblr.

Some upcoming events to look out for:

- Tomorrow [after my 8am dentist appointment...bleh] I will be heading to NY for Sarah Chang's concert.

- Halloween is coming!! what are ya'll gonna dress up as? im so curious! By the time I was a senior in college, I realized that warmth was more important that my...um...college-like costume. Anyone in college or out of college understands that Halloween was no longer the place for the cute pumpkin costume. So in order to honor my last year of being able to party "dress" up for halloween as a college student, I molded the scandalous with the semi-warm idea and ended up as a black cat. Yea...I tried...but at least I didn't spend $50-80 on a one time use costume: Oh the college days...
...my athletic body from my hardcore college tennis days :p

As exciting as the Halloween party was, my favorite part of last year's Halloween was the pumpkin carving. 


yayyy, can't wait to carve another pumpkin this year!!

----------

Timeless fashion and its free!! Joshua Jackson knows whats going on...so cute! :p

The Google Job Experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment