when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Story #3: New Beginnings

"The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings." - Dave Weinbaum
~Thanks to Inspirational Words of Wisdom

Throughout the college life of parties, girls nights out, formals, banquets and charity galas, I picked up a few very basic skills in applying eye make-up, concealing those little imperfections and to brush on a little blush while puckering up my face like a fish,  but beyond that...well, I know absolutely nothing.  No worries though, I'm not really the type that generally wears a lot of make up...I like the natural every day look (plus, I'm a little too lazy to apply it all on in the morning leaving me a mess to clean up at night).

I believe it was last Tuesday when I finally built up enough courage to pose one-one-one with the camera. I do not know how people are comfortable taking those self-portrait photos. It makes me feel a little conceited :x.

Moving on....of course, on the day that I officially wanted to try my face out in front of the camera my make up was no where to be found. Thanks to my second secret stash of makeup (thanks mom), I was able to scrounge up a few key pieces: foundation, black eyeliner, mascara and eye lash curler. First, the foundation...when it comes to applying liquid foundation to your entire face, I had an idea of how of what it would feel like, but it really wasn't until I tried it out on Tuesday that I really knew what it was all about...trying to apply and even amount everywhere and to smooth it out like a second layer of skin. It was like playing with finger paint, but on my face (just kidding). A few smudges later, I was left flawless skin...I was pretty impressed. Next was to put a some eyeliner on. And to give my face a little more dimension, I threw on some powder here and there, and then I ended on a rosy note of a little blush.

So my final product of the day:

...yea...just trying to get comfortable in front of the camera. I still need a LOT of practice doing real poses hehe :p

1 comment:

  1. i like the second picture best! :)

    first one is too sexy >:-O

    ReplyDelete