when life meets reality...


mysterious encounters r déjà vu r serendipity moments r mistakes r opportunities r

to forgive and forget r awkward silences r laughter r joyful tears r love r hopeful comings

** “Story #'s” **

posts that focus on the major movements of my life. They are the stories that make up the journey: When life meets reality.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Story #4: Baby Steps


Slow but steady progress
~ Thanks to Idiom Quest

Hooray!!! I'm having so many "firsts" this week. For the first time ever, I did something extravagant with my eyes…on my own (never really liked putting a lot of makeup on my eyes), AND for the first time ever I got my makeup done -- bluemercury in Princeton had an event going on with Chanel!

First, my own adventures with my eye makeup. Given that I still can't find my makeup, I was left to work with limited colors from free samples and the free applicators that I "borrowed" from makeup stores. So I had: brown eye liner, some eye shadow (black, brown, gold, and shimmer) and my mom's mascara and eye lash curler. At first, I tried to just do a simple smoky look but I ended up not knowing how to layer things on. After some experimenting, I just ended up with this:



























I did the fish tale hehe...not too bad for a first timer...right??

       

Chanel Event at bluemercury: (sorry, I forgot to take pics at the event =/  )
 It was so much fun being there. They were ALL so nice. And I had a great conversation with the girl doing my makeup. Overall, it was a positive and relaxing experience. An added bonus was  my mom’s company. Though she originally came just to support me, there was an open reservation…so both ended up getting our makeup done! They have another event there with Bobbi Brown on November 5th and 6th so hopefully I will remember to take pictures then. Anyways, even though I did not get to take pictures of the event itself, I did take pictures of what I bought. :D


Ren - Multi-Mineral Pore Minimising Detox Mask: AMAZING product. Just wet your face, rub the product in, let it dry, then gently rub your skin and rinse your face with warm water. Dirt, dead skin, everything comes right out. After I used it, my face was like a baby's butt...no exaggeration. Added bonus, it's supposed to last for a really long time. So if you were thinking about getting those nose strips or anything like that, this would be a more money efficient and an over-all more beneficial alternative.

Chanel - Precision Lip Definer, # 31 Tulip: 
To add more shape and depth to your lips, it's good to use a lip liner...like all over your lips. This pencil is rich in color, glides on really smoothly, and has a very nice finish to it. It is a double sided pencil, one side is the pencil and the other is a brush to even everything out.

Chanel - Glossimer, #94 Sundress: This color gloss really compliments the #31 Tulip lip definer. This has got to be the best lip gloss that I've had (keeping in mind I don't own a whole lot). But out of Lancome, Victoria's Secret, and other products, this lip gloss is far superior. It does not feel heavy/thick on the lips and it is not sticky - which I love. With both lip products together, your lips will look full, luscious, and healthy.

NYX, Eye Shadow, ES 27 White Pearl: I actually purchased this one at a local grocery store, McCaffrey's. It looks a little broken because I dropped it :( ...I'm going to try to exchange it for a new one haha. I got this because I really needed a nice highlighter for my eyes. I haven't tried it yet but judging by the looks of it, it's an off white, bright in color and has a little shimmer to it which I bet will make it have a nice finish to it when applied on.

The last product that you see in the first picture but not in a blown up version is the free sample I got. It's a Chanel Volume Lngth Curl Separation Mascara, #10 Noir. I have not tried it yet, but it looks nice! And it's miniature so it will be good to travel with.

Yay!! I'm so excited. My journey to find good makeup products has begun. 

If you have any advice or tips on which products and brands are good, let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment